Guide for Families Affected By Incarceration

Finding Help and Hope For Families Affected by Incarceration

Developed in conjunction with the Clackamas County Jail the Children’s Justice Alliance and Clackamas County’s Office for Children and Families


Often it is hard for families who have a family member in jail to handle finances, keep in touch with their loved one, care for their children and keep the family safe and healthy. Children with parents that are in jail need support, as do their caretakers. In addition, when a family member returns from incarceration, the return home can be challenging. There are services available in Clackamas County to help families meet these needs.

A number of resources can be found at your local Oregon Department of Human Services office. There are two branches in Clackamas County.

Oregon City DHS Branch N. Clackamas DHS Branch
315 S Beavercreek Rd. 16440 SE 82nd Drive
Oregon City, OR 97045 Clackamas, OR 97015
Phone: (971) 673-7300 Phone: (503) 731-3400

To find an Oregon DHS office outside of Clackamas County please go to: DHS Office Locations

To help determine if you are eligible for certain programs, you may go to the Oregon Helps web site ( Entering specific information about your situation will generate a list of resources you can explore.

Clackamas County Department of Human Services provides county citizens with a broad spectrum of needs including employment and training, physical and mental health services, aging resources, low income and special needs housing, emergency assistance for low-income individuals and child and family resources.

Information and referrals may be found at their Oregon City offices.

Clackamas County DHS
2051 Kaen Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045
Phone: (503) 655-8861

Many times incarceration can take place very quickly. There is little time for planning or to ask questions. This guide was developed to try to answer some of the basic questions when a family member goes to jail.

Return to top of page

Frequently Asked Questions

Jail & Courthouse Information

Q: Where is the Clackamas County Jail located?

Clackamas County Jail
2206 S. Kaen Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045
Phone: (503) 655-8331


  • From I-205 take Exit 10 (Park Place/Molalla Exit)
  • Travel South on Highway 213
  • Turn right at the 3rd traffic light (Beavercreek Rd.)
  • Travel West to Kaen Rd. and turn left
  • Follow the signs to the Clackamas County Jail

Q: How can I contact the Public Defender’s Office?

Indigent Defense Office
Clackamas County Courts
807 Main Street, Rm 200
Oregon City, OR 97045
Phone: 503-655-8679

Q: How do I contact an inmate’s parole and probation officer?

Parole and probation services are separate from the jail. For questions concerning parole and probation, call 503-655-8603, or go to the Corrections web site

Q: What is the Courthouse address and phone number?

Clackamas County Courthouse
807 Main Street
Oregon City, OR 97045

The following is a list of phone numbers for state court services in Clackamas County:

  • Divorces: (503) 655-8447
  • Small Claims: (503) 655-8447
  • Traffic Information: (503) 655-8453
  • All other cases: (503) 655-8447
  • Criminal case information: (503) 655-8643
  • Jury information line: (503) 655-8389
  • Trial Court Administrator: (503) 655-8670
  • Clackamas County District Attorney: (503) 655-8431

Return to top of page

Contacting an Inmate

Q: Can I send a message to an inmate?

No. The Clackamas County Jail does not relay messages for inmates – either in writing or by directing/connecting telephone calls. To communicate with an inmate, you can send a letter by US Postal Service or wait for the inmate to contact you by phone.

The Jail provides mail service for inmates and regulates mail to provide a safe, secure, and orderly environment for them. They may send and receive mail, and receive approved publications that comply with Postal regulations and the rules governing the County Jail. No mail or notes may be left at the Jail for inmates.

Return to top of page

Addressing Your Mail

All letters to inmates will be addressed in this way:

Inmate's Name (State ID Number – SID)
Clackamas County Jail
2206 Kaen Road
Oregon City, OR 97045

(You can find the inmate’s SID on the Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office web site using the “Current Inmate” search fields.)

All incoming mail must also have a complete return address. For example:

First and Last Name
Complete Street Address
City, State, Zip Code

Return to top of page

Mail Delivery

Incoming mail will be delivered to inmates after it is received and processed, usually within 24 hours. Exceptions include confiscated mail and circumstances beyond the control of the Jail. There is no mail delivery on holidays or weekends. Mail received for inmates who are no longer in custody of the Clackamas County Jail will be returned unopened to the sender.

Outgoing mail will be handled in a timely manner. Mail submitted at “mail pass” will be sent out the next business day. All outgoing mail will be in postage-paid envelopes and paper purchased from the Jail commissary. Inmates who cannot afford to purchase these items will receive 2 envelopes and 4 sheets of paper per week for personal mail.

Return to top of page

Prohibited Mail

The following mail (incoming or outgoing) is prohibited by the Clackamas County Jail:

Mail contacting victim(s) of the alleged crime(s) unless authorized by the courts Mail between inmates in this or any other institution unless married or have prior approval
Mail containing threats of harm or criminal activity Mail indicating sending contraband into or out of the Jail
Plans to escape or descriptions of an institution’s security operation Any device capable of storing electronic media (videos, tapes, CDs, DVDs, flash drives, etc)
Gang related material Sexually explicit mail
Junk mail Packages
Polaroid type pictures or more than 8 4”x6” pictures Mailing supplies (paper, stamps, envelopes), stickers (incl. address labels)
Bus passes, phone cards, book marks, checks, cashier’s checks, money orders Non-paper material (incl. cardboard), food, clothing items
Newspaper or magazine clippings Letters written in code
Any foreign substance (lipstick, crayon, water colors, paint, correction fluid, metallic ink, perfume, glue, tape, body fluids, etc.) on any part of the mail including the envelope Greeting cards larger than 8.5”x10” that are padded, musical, have metal clasps, plastic, string, ribbon, confetti, glitter or laminated parts. Or any item that by design restricts the ability to search it.

If contraband is found in the mail, the Jail will seize it and efforts will be made to identify the person who sent it. Serious contraband will be turned over to the Sheriff’s Office for investigation.

Introducing contraband into a correctional facility through the mail or by any other means is a CLASS C FELONY. Such activity will be investigated for criminal prosecution.

Return to top of page

Sending Cash

When an inmate receives cash through the mail, it and a receipt will go to Administration to be posted to the inmate’s account. Any other non-negotiable items will either be placed in the inmate’s property bin or returned to the sender. Checks, money orders, cashier checks, etc. are not permitted to be sent to an inmate in the mail.

Q: What are inmate accounts?

An inmate may use money in his or her account to pay for fees or to purchase products available at the Jail’s commissary. Items include hygiene items, writing paper and envelopes, pencils, postage, and snacks.

To make a deposit to an inmate’s account, go to the front lobby of the Clackamas County Jail. The Jail accepts deposits 24/7, including holidays and weekends. They will only take deposits for inmates currently residing at the Jail. Upon release, an inmate will be issued a check for any remaining funds in the account.

Return to top of page

Visiting an Inmate

Q: How can I help a child visit a parent in jail?

Inmates may receive visitors 2 days each week. On each of these visiting days, they may have two (2) 30-minute visits. Inmates are given a Jail Visiting List Form at intake. They may have up to 6 different visitors on their list. Persons not on the list or listed incorrectly may not visit an inmate. Background checks will be done on all visitors listed. Inmates may only add or delete names on their visitor list after they have been confined for 30 days. Visits can begin after the first 72 hours of incarceration.

Children 12 years old and older will count as one of the inmate’s 6 visitors and may visit without a parent of guardian. Children under the age of 12 years will not count as one of the inmates 6 visitors, but they must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at least 18 years old who will be counted.

All visitors must provide photo identification except minor children of an inmate who must have a legal birth certificate.

All visitors must arrive at the same time and at least 15 minutes prior to the time of their vIsit. The visit may not be allowed if the visitor is late, does not have proper identification, or is not dressed/behaved appropriately. All visitors will behave calmly, quietly, and orderly during their visit. Visitors who are disorderly or disruptive will be asked to leave. Dressing appropriately means wearing non-revealing clothing (shirt, pants, dresses, shoes) for both males and females.

Visiting days and times may need to be changed by the Corrections Division. These can be found for each inmate on the Clackamas County Sheriff’s web site using the “Current Inmates” search feature.

Return to top of page

Personal Possessions

Q: How can I get items in an inmates possession that I need?

The Clackamas County Jail releases an inmate’s property to a third party as quickly as possible. The inmate must approve and sign for the release of all requested property. The person requesting the property must go to the front lobby of the Jail and request an “Inmate Property Release” form. They must complete the paperwork and provide photo identification to receive property.

There are three options when receiving property. You may receive:

  1. All property except clothing
  2. Jail cell property including excess books, photos, paperwork, and commissary items
  3. A cash amount from the inmate’s account

Money released from an inmate’s account will be issued as a check (not cash). This money cannot be deposited in another inmate’s account.

Property can only** be released between the hours of:

8 AM – 11 AM
1 PM – 5 PM
7 PM – 10 PM

**A new arrestee’s property can be released at any time.

PLEASE NOTE: The Clackamas County Jail will not accept any property over the counter for inmates. The only exception is court clothes when requested by a judge for a court appearance.

Return to top of page

Inmate Release Information

Q: How will I know that an inmate has been released from jail?

Victim’s Information & Notification (VINE). VINE is a free and anonymous telephone service that provides crime victims with information and notification on the custody status of offenders.
VINE monitors the custody status of:

  • Offenders in county jails
  • Offenders in Department of Corrections and Oregon Youth Authority facilities; and
  • Individuals currently on probation

Information is available to callers 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
The Oregon VINE service is available in English and Spanish. A live operator is available to anyone who calls the toll-free number for any reason.


Return to top of page

Support for Children

Q: How can I get support for a relative’s child I am caring for?

Oregon Department of Human Services offers a “Non-Needy Relative Grant” for relatives who are raising children who are not their own (grand parents with grand children, aunts or uncles with nieces or nephews, etc.) These relatives may be eligible for a small cash grant each month and also the TANF related medical program. Contact your local Oregon DHS branch office for details.

Q: How can I find support in school for my child?

Ask to speak to the student’s counselor. Explain the situation and discuss ways the counselor and the teacher can support your student during the school day.

Q: How do I enroll a child in school if their parent is incarcerated and I’m not the legal guardian?

Ask to speak with the school district’s homeless liaison. They can help with enrollment of unaccompanied students (students not in the care of a parent or guardian) and help you through the process of applying for temporary guardianship or obtaining power of attorney for educational purposes if necessary.

Q: What resources/services are available to my family?

There are a number of programs available to help families with low income meet their day-to-day needs. Many are services offered through the Oregon Department of Human Services and others are provided through Clackamas County.

Information and referrals may be available from Clackamas County Social Services, a division of Clackamas DHS.
Please call:
503-655-8568 (Spanish)

The following is a condensed list of resources that are available at present. Many have income requirements that must be met; therefore, not everyone will qualify. There are many more sources of support than can be listed here. Alternative ways to find them are given at the end of this list.

Return to top of page


Cash Assistance

TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families)
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

Provides case management and cash assistance to low-income families with minor children. It is designed to promote personal responsibility and accountability for parents.

Oregon Telephone Assistance Program

Provides low-income individuals and families assistance with their phone bills.

Clackamas County Social Services

Services include:

  • Energy Assistance Programs

503-650-5641 (English)
503-650-5748 (Spanish)

St. Vincent DePaul

Serving homeless and economically disadvantaged populations in our community. Programs include: emergency services coordination, food bank, emergency rent and utilities assistance, and an information and referral structure.

  • Check with your local Water/Sewer service for available discounts.

Return to top of page

Child Care

State Childcare Assistance
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

Working families whose income is below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level may be eligible for financial help with child care costs.

Clackamas County Childcare Resource and Referral

CCR & R of Clackamas County is a part of Oregon’s system of childhood care and education. We work closely with other public and private organizations to provide essential services and supports for children and families.

Oregon Childcare Resource and Referral Network

Referral site for child care in the state of Oregon.

Return to top of page

Child Support

State Child Support
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

Child support services are available to both custodial and noncustodial parents. Even if a parent lives in another state, the parent can apply for services in Oregon. Relatives or other caretakers who have physical custody of a child are also entitled to child support services. Services are automatically provided to families who receive Temporary Assistance to Needy Families (TANF) or Medicaid benefits, and to non-assistance families if they request help.

Clackamas County Family Court Services

Provides information and referral, family counseling and mediation services, a Parent Education Program, Conflict Resolution training and legal advice for family law matters.

Clackamas County Family Support Enforcement Unit

"Private" agreements only. All state required support is enforced by the Oregon Department of Justice.

Legal Aid Child Support Helpline
(800) 383-1222

Helpline advocates will answer questions about child support and paternity establishment, modification, enforcement, accounting and distribution of child support and locating non-supporting parent.

Return to top of page


Federal Food Stamp Program
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

The intent of the Program is to help improve the health and well being of low-income households and individuals by providing them a means to meet their nutritional needs.
Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
(503) 655-8476

Provides monthly food vouchers, nutrition education and referral to health services to help keep pregnant and breastfeeding women, infants and children under age five healthy and strong.

Oregon Food Bank
503-282-0555 ext. 231

OFB's Metro Services partners with sites in Clackamas County that provide emergency meals, emergency food boxes, shelters, low-income childcare and additional distribution programs.

Clackamas Service Center

Hot meals are offered 7 days a week. Services are available to most Clackamas County residents. Members receive supplemental groceries on the first Friday of each month, and monthly newsletter about community services.

Fish Emergency Services

Provides emergency food boxes, clothing, personal care products (soap, toothpaste, laundry soap, etc.) and referrals to people most in need. May also provide rent and utility assistance as funds are available.

Gleaners of Clackamas County

Secures donated and surplus items from farmers, food manufacturers, processors, and grocers and within the limits of these donations, provides food, clothing, household goods and other material to low income, elderly, and/or individuals with disabilities. Membership required.

St. Vincent de Paul

Serving homeless and economically disadvantaged populations in our community. Programs include: emergency services coordination, food bank, emergency rent and utilities assistance, and an information and referral structure.

Feed the Hungry

Provides a hot, nutritious, sit-down dinner every Sunday at St. John's Episcopal Church in Milwaukie. Serves families, the elderly, homeless and those with disabilities. Walk-in's welcome, no reservations, non-denominational.

  • Check with your local school district for information about their breakfast and lunch programs.

Return to top of page

Health Care Services

Oregon Health Plan
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

Provides health care coverage to low-income Oregonians. Costs based upon income, age, and/or health condition.

Family Health Insurance Assistance Program
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

FHIAP pays from 50 percent to 95 percent of the premium for Oregonians who are uninsured and meet income and other guidelines. Individuals and families use FHIAP subsidies to pay for insurance at work or to buy individual health plans if insurance is not available through an employer. With FHIAP, Oregonians often cover their entire families for just a few dollars a month instead of hundreds of dollars.

Oregon MothersCare Program
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

Prenatal care made available to ALL women in Oregon during their first 3 months of pregnancy.

Oregon Prescription Drug Program
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

A prescription drug purchasing pool, to help increase access to prescription drugs. Open to any resident without adequate prescription drug coverage. FREE Enrollment. ALL Oregonians can now join. Save up to 60% on prescriptions. There is no paperwork required and no age or income limit.

Oregon SafeNet
1-800-SafeNet (1-800-723-3638)

Provides statewide information and referral services for community health, social, and mental health services, immediate care health services, pregnancy and reproductive health services. Also flu clinic locations, routine and urgent medical care, immunizations and well-child care, pregnancy tests and prenatal care, WIC nutrition programs, and other services.

Oregon Lions Sight and Hearing Foundation

Provides assistance and services to low-income Oregonians who have visual and/or hearing impairments.

Clackamas County Primary Care

Offers low-cost family health care. Staffed by doctors, nurse practitioners, and certified medical assistants, they treat everything from bumps and bruises to colds and flu and more serious health problems.

Clackamas County Oregon Health Plan Outreach Program
503.650.3976 (Spanish)

Assists clients with applying or reapplying for the OHP Medicaid program, the Family Health Insurance Assistance Program (FHIAP) and the Oregon MothersCare (OMC) program.

Clackamas County Prescription Drug Helpline

Clackamas Service Center

Services include: Medical van, dental van, and limited prescription services. Available to most Clackamas County residents.

Return to top of page

Addiction Resources

Clackamas County Addictions Treatment

Services Include:

  • Adult Alcohol & Drug Treatment
  • Youth Alcohol & Drug Treatment
  • Treatment Courts

Oregon Partnership
HelpLine: 800-923-HELP
YouthLine: 877-553-TEEN
LifeLine: 800-273-TALK or 800-SUICIDE
Spanish: 877-515-7848

Oregon Partnership is a statewide non-profit promoting healthy kids and communities through drug and alcohol awareness, drug prevention programs, and 24 hour crisis lines for treatment referrals and suicide intervention.

Oxford House

Oxford House is a concept in recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. In its simplest form, an Oxford House is a democratically run, self-supporting and drug free home.

Return to top of page

Mental Health Resources

Clackamas County Behavioral Health

Programs and services are available to children and adults who are experiencing mental health issues. Services may include:

  • Care Coordination - To assist and advocate for consumers in accessing community and family resources
  • Crisis Intervention - To address immediate emergent (new, not ongoing) mental health needs
  • Group Therapy and Education
  • Parent/Family Support and Education
  • Consultation - To families, schools, law enforcement, and other public agencies
  • Medication Evaluation and Management - Including consultation with community health providers

Clackamas Mental Health Organization

Manages mental health benefits for Oregon Health Plan (OHP) enrollees in Clackamas, Gilliam, Hood River, Sherman and Wasco Counties. If you have health insurance through the Oregon Health Plan and live in one of these five counties, we may be your Mental Health Organization (MHO). Check your Medicaid ID card to see if we are listed as your MHO. Both children and adults have mental health benefits under the OHP.

Clackamas County Crisis Line
503-655-8401 (24 hours)

Return to top of page

Domestic Violence Resources

Clackamas Women’s Services
Crisis Line: 503-654-2288/or toll free 888-654-2288

Provides emergency shelter and supplies to victims of domestic violence, counseling & case management services, referral to medical, legal and other services, domestic violence classes & self-care groups, children's services, transitional housing, information and referral about domestic abuse.

Oregon Department of Human Services
Temporary Assistance for DV Survivors
Or contact your local Oregon DHS branch office.

The program provides temporary financial help to support families whose safety is at risk due to domestic violence. Most often this is when the domestic violence survivor and the children are fleeing domestic violence or at risk of returning to an abusive situation.

Clackamas County Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team

The Domestic Violence Enhanced Response Team (DVERT) is comprised of five Clackamas County partner agencies. Services include intensive team case management, crisis intervention, emotional support, shelter, transportation, advocacy, emergency equipment such as 9-1-1 capable cell phones, recording devices and bullet proof vests, along with referrals for medical evaluations and legal assistance.

Abuse Recovery Ministry & Services – Clackamas

Her Journey is a biblically based fifteen week program designed to help female victims of domestic abuse walk through their healing process. Women can join at any time and continue as long as they find it helpful. This program is offered free to all women.

Return to top of page


Oregon Employment Department / WorkSource Oregon

Supports economic stability for Oregonians and communities during times of unemployment through the payment of unemployment benefits. Provides resources to diverse job seekers in support of their employment needs. Provides access to child care that is safe, high quality, and affordable.

Office of Vocational Rehabilitation Services – Oregon DHS
Or contact you local Oregon DHS branch office.

OVRS is a member of the Workforce Investment Council of Clackamas County, and is an active member at the One Stop at the Employment Department. There, they accept referrals of people who may be eligible for services.

WorkSource Clackamas
971-673-6400 - Oregon City
503-657-6958 x 2316 - Clackamas Community College

Our workforce experts prepare job seekers for high demand jobs which connect them to employers through career planning, training and placement services.

Community Solutions for Clackamas County
Provides free employment and training services to persons in public assistance programs, on parole or probation, or to older adults, and youth.

Better People

An established employment and counseling program solely dedicated to helping former offenders find, keep and excel in well paying jobs with fair, decent employers.

Goodwill Job Connections

Offers job-search skills training and then matches the skills and abilities of individuals with the employment needs of local businesses as well as free English as a Second Language classes and alternatives to employment.

C-TEC Youth Services

Provides education, employment, and training support for low-income youth with barriers to employment.

Return to top of page


Oregon Bar Modest Means Program

Matches low income Oregonians with attorneys willing to work for reduced fees. Attorneys that participate have agreed to charge no more than $35 for the first consultation and no more than $60 per hour. Modest Means attorneys only handle landlord/tenant, family law, and criminal defense.

Legal Aid Services of Oregon

Provides legal assistance to low income individuals in non-criminal matters including public benefits, housing problems, consumer issues, family law, senior law, juvenile law, and immigration issues.

Clackamas County Family Court Services

Provides information and referral, family counseling and mediation services, a Parent Education Program, Conflict Resolution training and legal advice for family law matters.

Clackamas County Community Corrections

Pursues the restoration of losses to victims and communities and provide effective services, sanctions, and supervision to help offenders become law-abiding citizens.

Clackamas County Sheriff’s Office

Clackamas County Juvenile Department

Assists the Juvenile Court in the legal intervention of children at risk of abuse or neglect. We assist child caring agencies in developing a reunification program that will allow at-risk children to either return to their own home or develop a permanent plan that will provide them with physical and emotional safety and stability.

Return to top of page


Clackamas County Housing Rights & Resources Line
503-655-8568 – Spanish

Housing Rights and Resources is a program operating under Clackamas County Social Services Division/Community Action Agency. General housing information and referral is provided regarding landlord-tenant, fair housing, and other housing-related issues. Assists clients with filing housing discrimination complaints with HUD. Provides training on related topics. Current lists of lower cost housing in Clackamas County and shelters in the Portland Metropolitan Area are available. Screening for the Annie Ross House family shelter program occurs via this program. Those interested in the Annie Ross House should call for information and screening by the Housing Rights and Resources Coordinator.

Emergency Housing & Shelter Assistance Program

Provides links to emergency shelter and housing stabilization information. You may also apply for low rent housing from this site.

Clackamas County Housing Authority

Provides transitional housing and self-sufficiency services to homeless families with children, housing and rental assistance and information to low-income families in Clackamas County.

US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)

HUD funds programs to help the homeless. These programs are managed by local organizations that provide a range of services, including shelter, food, counseling, and jobs skills programs.

Oregon Housing Council

This site connects you with affordable housing lists, enables you to apply for Section 8 housing, and helps you connect with other local housing agencies.

Housing Connections

A web-based community service that is intended to better connect providers of housing and housing services to renters who are looking for these types of housing opportunities.

Boys and Girls Aid Society

Crisis Intervention Program Provides crisis intervention services for youth (12-18 years) including: face-to-face counseling for youth and families in crisis, and/or experiencing discipline problems; and an emergency shelter for runaways and homeless youth.

Return to top of page


Volunteer Oregon

Contact your local Oregon DHS branch office for support through volunteers.

Boys and Girls Clubs – Meyer Memorial

Provides quality educational and recreational activities for youth including art, athletics, games, homework assistance, computer access and instruction. Supervised teen activities Friday evenings.

Big Brother/Big Sister Program
503-249-4859 Spanish

Big Brothers Big Sisters works to help boys and girls achieve their potential through positive adult relationships. Just by sharing experiences, celebrating accomplishments, and listening to a child's concerns, a Big Brother or Big Sister can make a difference to a child. Youth ages 6-16 will benefit from a one-to-one friendship with a positive adult.

Camp Fire USA Mt. Hood Council

Offers a variety of programs for kids that meet their needs and interests, challenge them, provide them with the support, experience, and lessons they need to be healthy, caring, and confident, both now and in the future.

  • Check with your local school district for mentoring services that are available.

Return to top of page

Hispanic Resources

Clackamas County Information and Referral - Spanish Line

El Programa Hispano

Provides services for low income Latino residents of Clackamas County including: citizenship classes, Spanish literacy and ESL classes, budgeting and finance education, as well as classes for the written driver’s exam. They also provide the Project Unica domestic violence and sexual assault hotline, bilingual and bicultural mental health and addiction services, and a health outreach program.

Los Niños Cuentan

Supports Latino families impacted by domestic and sexual violence, and addiction in achieving self sufficiency. Services include: support groups for victims of domestic/sexual violence, parenting and language classes, crisis/information help line, and leadership training for the community.

Todos Juntos

Provides high quality prevention and intervention programs for youth and families. Created and now maintains culturally appropriate bilingual programs that support the emergence of Hispanic leadership for both youth and adults.


Bi-lingual (Spanish/English) counseling servies for children, adolescents, and adults. Services include family and individual counseling, trauma counseling, parent education, and domestic violence counseling.

El Programa Hispano Linea Unica
503-232-4448 Domestic Violence Crisis Line

Return to top of page

Native American/Alaskan Native Resources

Oregon Directory of American Indian Resources

CIS serves as the main forum in which Indian concerns are considered. It serves as a point of access for finding out about state government programs and Indian communities.

NAPOLS (Native American Program of Oregon Legal Services)

Provides high-quality legal services to Indian Tribes, groups and individuals with limited income in the state of Oregon. Specializes in the protection of Indian Rights.

Native American Rehabilitation Association Indian Health Clinic (NARA)

Provides a variety of healthcare services for the Indian community (infants-elders), including family medicine, women's exams, diabetes and testing, and tobacco cessation, mental health counseling, immunizations, HIV and STD testing, and other services. Also available are a residential treatment facility and a Family Wellness Center.

Native American Student & Community Center at Portland State

It is a gathering place based on traditional indigenous values to invigorate, promote, and engender health, goodwill, and community esteem.

Confederated Tribes of Siletz Indians of Oregon

Provides tribal members with adult education, job placement, alcoholism outpatient services, higher education, housing improvement program, and Indian Child Welfare Act services, an employment referral services.

Native American Youth & Family Center

Provides educational services, cultural arts programming, and direct support to reduce poverty to the Portland Metropolitan Area’s American Indian and Alaska Native Community.

Return to top of page

Other Resource Information

If you need other resources or information, the following organizations can help you find them.

Clackamas County Information and Referral

Phone Numbers:
211 or
English – 503-655-8861
Spanish – 503-655-8568

Family Education and Support Network

Searchable database of family resources and a calendar of events of up-to-date local events and activities, both educational and fun.

Children of Incarcerated Parents (CIP)

Return to top of page

For more details or to request changes to this publication please contact:

Clackamas County Office for Children & Families
A Division of Clackamas DHS
2051 Kaen Rd.
Second Floor
Oregon City, OR 97045
Phone: 503-650-5678
Fax: 503-650-5674

Click here to return back to the Clackamas County Reentry Information.

Unless otherwise stated, the content of this page is licensed under Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 License